Monday, January 31, 2011

The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand

Well, what do you know, two posts less than thirty minutes apart.  

The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand - I liked it - a lot.  There are four couples that are the best of friends living on Nantucket - one couple is killed in a sailing accident, both drowned.  Now we learn about the secrets that the six remaining friends have after two of their own are tragically lost to them.  This one focuses on relationships, kids, affairs amongst friends, life and loss.  I liked it a lot.  I love the Nantucket setting (since I have been there before I can imagine exactly what the author is talking about).  What a great island.  This was another quick read, and it helped that I flew to Vegas for a quick weekend and finished it on the 2.5 hour plane ride out there.  It was really good, yet tragic at the same time.   I have a tight knit group of friends, so I could definitely relate to the friendship side of it.  The affair side, not so much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment