Thursday, January 6, 2011

Been Awhile

It's been awhile.  I have lots of excuses.  Collin turned one.  Then we had Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Birthday #35, New Years, and before I know it it will be 2012.  I have read some books here and there.  Let me go back and think...I think I'll go from most recent, because I know what I just finished reading.

The Book Thief - excellent quick read.  A story of a girl in Nazi Germany as told from Death's perspective.  Loved it, loved the writing, loved the story.  Everything about it was wonderful.

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - This was my book club's last book.  Was a bit hard to follow in the beginning because the story lines are blurred.  But in the end it was good.  Not great.  Not horrible.  I probably won't read it a second time around - or maybe I should because it's might be better?

Currently reading our latest Vines N Spines book...Man In the Woods - it's okay - I'm about halfway through and I'm not in love with it, we'll see how it ends - if I finish it. 

I have not been reading as much as I like to.  I have about 5 books piled on my nightstand looking at my longingly and asking me to pick them up.  Collin still doesn't sleep at 15 months, so I'm just plain tired after a long day at work and maybe a walk in the park after work.  Thank goodness for our 70 degree Januarys though! 

p.s. November Vines N Spines was My Name is Memory.  October Vines N Spines (my pick) The Thirteenth Tale - LOVE LOVE LOVE this book. 

p.p.s I think I know why I've neglected my blog (okay, so this is just one excuse) - I hate the font that pulls over when I bring reviews from goodreads.  I'll just have to start reviewing without any pretty pictures that come from goodreads.  Times New Roman = not my favorite font in the world.  Then nothing is consistent and it just doesn't look good.  Cheers to 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment